Sunday, December 09, 2007

Congratulations!

Seeing as how the other family members have become slack in their blogging, I get to be the first to blog about the impending nuptials!! Joel proposed to Clare last night! They were at an Eric Hutchinson concert, just as they were two years ago on their first date. Apparently Joel got in contact with Eric who took a moment on stage to acknowledge Clare and the coincidence of their last names. He then went on to say that Clare needed to turn around. Joel was on one knee and saying all those delicious things we girls like to hear! The spotlights were even focused on the happy couple. Clare called around 3am our time(as instructed) so I hope I have the story straight!

Kudos to mom, dad, Lee, and I for keeping tight lips for the last week or so. Joel spoke to dad over Thanksgiving and he kept it secret for about 12 hours, maybe longer before he told mom. She kept it to herself for about 23 1/2 hours before telling me and I told Lee as soon as I saw him that day.

Way to go Joel - sounds like the perfect proposal. We're all thrilled!!

Now let's start talking about the dance we'll perform at the reception...there are many options - Thriller, Time of My Life, Big Butts, etc.

No comments: