Monday, March 12, 2007

What to eat in Spain on a Monday night

Okay, so first of all, this entire Blogger interface is in Spanish, so let's hope this turns out okay....

So I flew (ugh) on a 757 (quadruple ugh) to Spain last Friday for a top secret program at a top secret location for a top secret manufacturer. Yes, I've very important, and have many books, and my study smells of rich mahogany.

Seriously, I'm staying in a town named Coma-Ruga in Spain, southwest of Barcelona. It's apparently a big summer tourist town. Problem is, it ain't summer. And it's Monday. So every restaurant (I am serious, EVERY restaurant) is closed. So enterprising guy that I am, I grabbed a couple of my fellow travelers and found a a Burger King.

For those of you who haven't been to Europe, there really isn't anything like going into a BK and ordering a gran cervesa to go with your Whopper. And better yet was the fact that, if you decided you needed one for the road, you could just swing through the drivethru on your way out of the parking lot. Hence the cool one here at my desktop.

The track here that we're using is Idiada (google it), and is amazing. If you aren't into cars, it won't look all that amazing, but it really is. The different testing facilities here are simply unparalleled anywhere in my experience. And the vehicles under development.......whooo-eee. I could make $100k in a day with photos of the cars I've seen here. But there is a very strict no camera policy here. I was actually selected for search this morning on entry to the track, and the RX400h I was driving was searched inside and out. I will say this: I've never seen a Cayenne with 3 inches of ground clearance and a 6 speed manual mated to a V10 before....have you? Yep, not a Cayenne, is it...........?

Anyway, Jen is at home with the ragamuffins, and I miss all of them dearly. I'd drink a toast to them with my BK Beer, if I hadn't already downed it. So instead, I'll just have to find them gifts. If any of the f---ing shops here open, that is.

2 comments:

Heather said...

One thing that I learned in the minute amount of time that I was over there was the fact that EVERYTHING frickin' closes at just the wrong time...including the front door of the hotel...hope you're never afflicted with that one...

Cheers to beers at the BK. Gotta love that.

Clare said...

If Spain is anything like Portugal, all of the lunch places like to close for lunch as well. I don't know how any one ever eats over there...I guess that explains why Europeans are so skinny!